Apr 6, 2010

ODBC Error: could not load file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll'

Oh, time changes, sometimes good luck, sometimes bad...
This time I by accident met a problem (it's really a accident!) that all my products can't connect to my machine, although I have uninstalled and installed my products for many times, it didn't work:

Fortunately, however, I happend to find a solution:
that System.EnterpriseServices.dll is a .NET Framework component, in GAC (C:\Windows\Assembly), I see System.EnterpriseServices, but, its version is 1.0.****,
I know my products is usng .NET framework 2.0, so the solution comes simple which is: copy c:\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.EnterpriseServices.dll to the GAC folder (GAC is located at C:\WINDOWS\assembly; ). As GAC folder we don't have copy and paste menies in GAC so we need to open 2 windows explorer, one as the source, to do drag and drop, as there is no 'paste' once you 'copy' from it.

Praise God

No comments: