Jul 7, 2010

Get Started with Poscasts


The first touch of Podcasts was so long ago that I could not exactly remember what it was used for. Yesterday my colleague happened to tell me that he was using Podcasts to listen to some interesting programs, and the good news is those Podcasts could be downloaded to your devices as long as you have an US iTunes account.

So I started my journey:
1, download iTunes, English version (does Chinese version matter? I have no idea, :)
2, create an account, following the instructions here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534
This step is a little bit difficult in that you will be asked to provide your mock US address, zip code, phone number... Please ask Google, you will find some available information. Another reason to create an account without credit card is apple will charge you $1 to verify your account. Although it is said that the money will be returned several days, it's better that a poor man like me should not take this risk. :).
3, use your account and go to Podcasts channel to web surfing...., choose whatever you like and download them. They are stored in your local path:
My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Podcasts\Stack of Dimes Podcast

Have fun!

No comments: