Aug 21, 2013

[Solved] Jetty HTTP 500 "A full JDK (not just JRE) is required"

Today I am deploying Jetty in my machine, my machine configuration is:
OS: windows 7, JDK: jdk1.7.0_25, Jetty: Jetty9
And I have configured JAVA_HOME in system environment and also add %JAVA_HOME%\bin in Path

I can start Jetty:
Java -jar start.jar

And I can see in console it successfully started.
But when I try to access the web application via browser, I met a strange problem:

ERROR:
PWC6345: There is an error in invoking javac.  A full JDK (not just JRE) is required



SOLUTION:

1. Edit jetty.xml which is under the jetty installation folder \etc folder, for example C:\Program Files\jetty-distribution-9.0.5.v20130815\etc

2. Add a section

    org.apache.jasper.compiler.disablejsr199
    true
  


within section





It's a happy world now!
The solution was referring Jetty document: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Howto/Configure_JSP

If you think this article is useful, please click the ads on this page to help. Thank you very much.

4 comments:

Ravi Kumar said...

Thanks for this

Unknown said...

Is Jetty a 64bit or 32bit app??

Sai said...

It's in Java http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.project.git/. I don't think it has 64bit/32bit difference. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, couldn't find ads to click. thanx any ways