Jan 30, 2015

Problems in YARN: Why only SecondaryNameNode started? [Solved]

I was configuring a YARN cluster and after all set I tried to start services.
./start-dfs.sh
./start-yarn.sh

To my surprise, I only see SecondaryNameNode service got started. What? I didn't configure the SecondaryNameNode service, also where is my NameNode service which I really want?

I also checked the log and it says that:


The log shows that port 50070 already in use. But I run a command:
lsof -i:50070
There is nothing there using the port.

Also the host address is 0.0.0.0, this seems very wrong.
I checked many posts and they all didn't guide me to the root cause. Finally I found out the root cause

[Solution]

in hdfs-site.xml, there is one entry that's necessary:


dfs.http.address
myHostNodename:50070


If you want your secondary namenode, please add another one


dfs.secondary.http.address
my2ndHostNodename:50090

Happy World!

If you find this blog is useful, please kindly click the ads on this page to help. Thank you very much.

No comments: