Feb 12, 2015

HP ALM Manager Cannot Start "Main application process failed to start Contact your system administrator"

Our ALM system upgraded to ALM 12 and I tried to use new URL in Internet Explorer but...
error message:

I am using Windows 7 and finally I found a solution.

In Windows XP: it's "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\HP ALM-Client"
In Windows 7: it's "%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\HP\ALM-Client"

Fix  
- Make sure that user has Write permission on the ALM client installation folder.
- Delete this folder
- Then close IE, then go to the IE icon in the start menu, right-click on the IE icon and select “run as administrator” from the menu.

In my Windows 7 environment, I go to C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\HP\ALM-Client

delete the recent generated folder and then launch IE as an administrator

It's back running again!


If you find this blog is useful, please kindly click the ads on this page to help. Thank you very much.

2 comments:

Unknown said...


Valuable information thanks for sharing HP ALM Online Training BY Cheyat Technologies

Anonymous said...

It real helps me